The current Raleigh County Courthouse is located on Main Street in Beckley. It was built in in 1936-37 around the old brick courthouse, built in 1894. Evidence of such can still be seen in the elevator shaft. The WPA project used locally quarried sandstone, and was designed by L.T. Bengston and built under general contractor J.O. Freeman.
The courthouse is home to a phantom woman who wears a red dress. She is often seen in the courtroom or jury room. The identity of this apparition is unknown, but it is theorized that she was a former employee, or a family member of someone who was tried and convicted at the courthouse.