Sunday, January 25, 2015

Faces of Waverly Hills


I've posted this video before on Theresa's Haunted History Facebook page, but I thought it deserved a more permanent homage here on the blog.  The first time I saw this video, I completely fell in love with it.  As you all know, I am obviously drawn to the historic research aspect of paranormal investigation.  In addition to the history, I'm drawn to the human element behind the hauntings.  In each case, no matter how small or how big, I think we need to get to know the people behind a suspected haunting, give them the respect and recognition they deserve, and honor their memories.  So much bad is associated with Waverly Hills--this video does an excellent job showing the role the institution played in so many peoples' lives, including happier times.


This video was posted to Youtube on March 2, 2014 by kingzimage.  In the description, he notes that these photos are from a period between 1922 and 2008.  The photos and video came from a variety of sources, from internet research, to family photos from the Mattingly's, and even footage taken by the Youtube user himself.  The music is 'Any Other Name' from American Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment