Thursday, January 26, 2023

Most Popular Blogs of 2022


As a blogger, it's important to analyze statistics every once in awhile. I like to see how the blog is doing, and what types of posts you guys seem to like the best. It's both enlightening, and at times, entertaining! Recently, I was curious about 2022. It was a pretty good year in terms of traffic to the site, as well as the number of new posts I was able to put out. But, I wanted to take it a step further and see just which posts I created in 2022 actually brought in the majority of that traffic. And, I thought some of you might be interested as well. So, here are the Top Five Most Popular Blogs of 2022 for Theresa's Haunted History. 

#5: Book Review for Appalachian Bigfoot, by Russ Jones. I'm not even gonna lie; this one threw me for a loop, because normally, book reviews are some of my least popular blogs here on Theresa's Haunted History. I love to read and share what I read, but those blogs don't usually get a whole lot of views in comparison to my other writings. I guess that says a lot about Russ Jones' work! This blog was originally published on Saturday, July 9, 2022.

#4: Friday Night Funny: Hot Bigfoot: Okay, another one that completely shocked me because my Friday Night Funnies, while I think are hilarious, also don't get a whole lot of organic traffic. But this one did, probably because it was a pretty funny summertime meme. This blog was originally published on Friday, July 8, 2022.

#3: TALA Tales: Karl Kunst. I find it important to share the forgotten stories from famous haunted locations that don't necessarily have well-known hauntings attached to them, and the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum is a perfect well of these stories. The story of Karl Kunst is a really sad one; he was not a patient at the hospital, but rather the son of the hospital's superintendent. He tragically took his own life at the hospital in the staff quarters. This blog was originally published on Sunday, July 10, 2022.

#2: The Bewitched Hen of Roney's Point. This was a really weird story I found in an old newspaper about a hen that laid eggs with cabbalistic inscriptions. It was originally published on July 6, 2022. 

#1: June's Paranormal Discussion Group-Haunted Objects. I wrote about the St. Albans Paranormal Discussion Group's monthly meeting for June. That month's topic was a really cool one---haunted objects. We had a great show and tell session, and even had some interactive spirit communication/ghost hunting taking place! That's kind of awesome that this was the most popular blog post of 2022 because I think very highly of this group and am very proud to have the opportunity to attend meetings and write about it. This post was published on July 5, 2022. 

Okay, so I'm seeing a definite pattern here! All of these blogs were published in early July, within a week of each other. That must have been a really, really good month for Theresa's Haunted History! I'm not great about tracking my daily stats (especially around then, as that was when my mom was especially sick) so I'm not sure if I had some older posts 'went viral,' if I was just getting some weird traffic because search engines were indexing me, or if I was just really, really lucky that plenty of people were looking for haunted stuff in and around West Virginia and happened to come across my blog.

Either way, I am so, so grateful to have the wonderful supporters that I do and even though I'd probably STILL write this blog if no one read it, I get so excited seeing my visitor count grow. If you enjoy what you read here, please consider sharing it on social media, sending it to a spooky friend, or even pinning it to Pinterest. I love sharing my love for West Virginia's spooky history and I hope to reach as many people who share that same passion as possible. Thank you and as always...stay spooky! 

1 comment:

  1. My views on the YouTube and site went WAY up in August leading up to Halloween. Could have been that starting up for July.

    ReplyDelete