Thursday, January 12, 2023

Intro to Ghost Hunting with the WV Paranormal Exploration Team


Please forgive me---I'm still playing catch up! Back on November 11, 2022 I attended an introductory ghost hunting class in South Charleston, hosted by Tracey Perry and other members of the WV Paranormal Exploration Team. Even though it's been over two months ago, I still wanted to let you guys know how it went, and share some information so that if interested, you can be ready for any potential upcoming events!

So, if you know me, you know that I'm all for continued education for paranormal investigators. Throughout the year, I try to take advantage of any classes, lectures, conventions, workshops, etc. that I see pop up, in person or online. I'm a firm believer that no matter how long you've been in this field, there's always something new to learn and experience. Therefore, when I saw this event pop up on my Facebook feed, I decided that I needed to go check it out and support another local team!

It was a super rainy evening, but I easily found the location, which happened to be the Women's Club in South Charleston. It made for a beautiful, comfortable, spacious spot to set up the projection screen, a table displaying some of the team's equipment, ample tables and chairs for guests, and a bountiful spread of snacks and refreshments. A charge of $10 covered the presentation, unlimited refreshments, and a chance for a door prize, to be revealed later in the evening. 

Tracey led the presentation, which was an excellent introduction to basic ghost hunting and ghost theory. Vincent, and his wife, two additional members of the team, were on hand to also discuss previous cases, go over equipment, and answer questions. 

The door prize I won! Yay!

A couple of highlights of the evening for me were definitely when I won the door prize! I took home a new IR video camera, which I actually desperately needed for my investigative work with SRI. Also, it was just really awesome to get to know and network with another team. They invited me to stay over a few minutes after the official presentation and speak with another attendee who was having some paranormal issues at her own home. I think that working together, we were able to provide her with some good information and some answers that could offer her some peace of mind to take back home with her. 

Overall, it was a great evening, and I'm really glad that I braved the weather to attend. I love meeting other investigators and seeing how they approach the paranormal investigation process. There's always something new I can learn from the expertise of others and it's just fun to hang out with other people who love the paranormal as much as I do! I've linked the WV Paranormal Exploration Facebook page below, so if you're interested, please come check it out and follow along for updates on any upcoming events. Stay spooky, ya'll! 

WV Paranormal Exploration Team Facebook Group

No comments:

Post a Comment