Friday, April 15, 2022

Mothman: Harbinger of Doom?


Ever since the fall of the Silver Bridge in December of 1967, Mothman has been associated with being a bad omen. Sightings of him immediately before the events of Chernobyl and 9/11 have cemented his reputation of being a harbinger of doom. But is he really?  That's a debate for another day! 

In the meantime, enjoy this adorable cartoon from Cryptid Club. Cryptid Club always has hilariously cute depictions of Mothman, the Flatwoods Monster, Nessie, and many other popular cryptids, and today's Friday Funny selection is a prime example. I just wish Mothman would have shown himself to ME before I made some pretty disastrous life decisions...including my own moment of weakness when I felt that bangs would be a fun change (see below)! If I had seen him beforehand, I may have taken a moment to reconsider!

I hope you have a fun and spooky weekend...and as much as you might WANT a sighting...I hope there's no Mothman waiting around the corner, waiting to signal bad luck or disaster. But, if you're desperate for some Mothman in your life and you're nearby, go check out the Mothman Museum and Mothman Statue, located in Pt. Pleasant, WV! 

That Time I Tried Bangs
Where were you, Mothman?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment