Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Ghost Over the Trees

 


Today has been a busy, busy day and I've just been worn out after the past week or so. Therefore, today's blog is gonna be a short one. I didn't feel up to researching and/or writing anything extensive, but I still wanted to make sure I was keeping up with the Ultimate Blog Challenge for April---30 straight days of new blogs! 

I figured I'd share one of my favorite spooky paintings with you all as a nice compromise!

This eerie work is entitled Ghost Over the Trees, and was painted in 1926 by Austrian artist, Franz Sedlacek. If that name rings a bell, it may be because this isn't the first time I've featured his hauntingly beautiful art here on Theresa's Haunted History of the Tri-State. Back in 2018, I featured another of his paintings, Ghosts in the Trees (1933). In that blog, I go a little into his history...including his mysterious disappearance! Feel free to check the link below to learn more about this unique artist belonging to the New Objectivity School, and feel free to let me know in the comments what YOUR favorite ghostly artwork is and who its by!  

*Ghosts In the Trees*

No comments:

Post a Comment