Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Gangnam Style Apocalypse!

(I was going to wait to post this until Friday, since it IS a Friday Night Funny, but I didn't want to deny you readers this little gem any longer!)

The second I heard and saw "Gangnam Style" for the first time, I knew we as a nation were headed for the end.  Of course, at the time, I was envisioning a more slow and steady decline, such as that seen in one of my favorite movies, Idiocracy.

Then, I started seeing this wonderful little graphic being passed around on the web, and a little piece of me died a silent death, lol.  It appears that a Nostradamus prophecy can be interpreted as predicting a correlation with Psy's successful dance craze and catchy tune and the end of the world, estimated to coincide with the 2012 Mayan prophecy!



I apologize for the lack of a decent picture, but if you can't read the text, it goes as follows:

"From the calm morning, the end will come
When of the dancing horse
the number of circles will be 9" 
Nostradamus, 1503


"Experts" claim that this prophecy means that when the number of views of the video (on YouTube, lol) reaches 1,000,000,000 (9 zeros or circles) the end of the world will occur.  The number of 800,000,000+ was quoted when the poster was made in early December, leading many to believe that the magic number will likely be achieved around December 21, 2012, the date when the Mayan Calendar is said to come to an end.  The "calm morning," is undoubtedly to many, a code for Korea, a land nicknamed the Calm Morning Country or land of the Calm Morning.  I looked up that last fact on Google to verify, lol.

What is even more horrifying is recent chatter of Psy's former anti-American statements and the petitions to block his presidential performance.  And yes, I realize that this is completely ridiculous, so that is why I'm including it in my Friday Night Funnies section of my blog.  However, if you'd like to read about ANOTHER Nostradum End Times prophecy, which can only be found at Theresa's Haunted History, click the link below!





No comments:

Post a Comment