Monday, October 1, 2018

Welcome, October!

BOO!  Welcome to October at Theresa's Haunted History of the Tri-State!  October is my favorite month, but its also my busiest month in real life AND here on the blog.  I'm excited to bring you a month FULL of spooky stories, ghost sightings, cryptozoological updates, and all things paranormal-related.

I've decided to once again give the Ultimate Blog Challenge a try.  Yep, that means that theoretically I will be posting a brand new blog each and every day for 31 days, culminating with my favorite day of the year---Halloween!  Although I did really well during the April Blog Challenge, I had to abandon my July attempt due to illness.  I'm feeling pretty good about the October challenge, though, and have already schedule-posted quite a few blogs.  So, you know you'll at least get SOME new content, even if I tap out early.

Witches, werewolves, vampires, UFOs, and of course, GHOSTS will be flooding this blog all month long, with an emphasis on stories from West Virginia.  But, if you're not from the Mountain State, don't fret---there will be haunted locations from other areas featured, as well as plenty of general ghostly goodness.  I'm actually really excited to be sharing some awesome new stories...and there will also be an occasional update to older blogs thrown in for good measure.

The fun won't end with just new blog posts!  October is full of special features over on Theresa's Haunted History Facebook, as well.  Every Wednesday, I'll be sharing a Halloween-themed ghost story from the popular site, WVGhosts.com.  Each day at 3 p.m. I'll be sharing a vintage ghost-themed Halloween graphic for your visual pleasure.  Mondays will be discussion days where I'll be asking YOU for your opinions and stories on a variety of spooky topics.  There may be a few additional surprises thrown in throughout the month as well as plenty of shares of anything and everything paranormal-related that I think you all would enjoy.

Speaking of sharing, I wanted to share the info on this adorable graphic I found to illustrate today's blog post!  I came across this and thought it was perfect for me. The image is called Super Spook, and is the work of DeviantArt artist, CodiBear. Check out CodiBear's other work and social media platforms at the link provided.

Stay spooky ya'll and have an awesome October!

2 comments: