|Krampus, from Paranormal Books and Curiosities|
1. Krampus: Paranormal Books & Curiosities out of New Jersey is selling this delightful glass artwork for $14.95. But who is Krampus and what does he have to do with Christmas? Look for a Krampus post here on Theresa's Haunted History in December, but in short, Krampus is a beastly companion of St. Nicholas who pays a visit to and punishes the naughty children of northern Europe. He arrives on the night of December 5, and for those who are particularly naughty, he takes them away to his lair in a sack.
|Jersey Devil, from Paranormal Books and Curiosities|
2. The Jersey Devil: Also from Paranormal Books and Curiosities comes this more traditional glass bulb ornament featuring New England's favorite cryptid. This one is a bargain at $9.95. I really love how elegant these look! They'll definitely add a more subtle nod to the unexplained on your Christmas tree.
|Bigfoot, from Toscano|
3. Bigfoot: This 2010 design from Toscano is a real work of art...and is one of the most festive Bigfoot ornaments I've seen on the market. It's hand painted resin, which sounds pretty durable, and can be yours for $9.95.
|Frankenstein by Hallmark|
4. Frankenstein's Monster: Available as part of Hallmark's 2014 collection. This Universal Monsters favorite is only $14.95 and can be purchased online or at your local Hallmark store. As an added bonus, this particular ornament has a pretty broad appeal; paranormal enthusiasts will enjoy it, but so will literati and fans of classic horror movies.
|Cthulhu, from Amazon|
5. Cthulhu: This is a strange little Cthulhu ornament--it resembles more of a classic alien representation with a curly beard of octopus tendrils than H.P. Lovecraft's iconic creature, but its so cute and festive with its lil' Santa hat! Seriously, who wouldn't love that on the tree this holiday season? This one is being sold for $8.45 through Amazon.
|Alien, from Bronners Christmas Wonderland|
6. Alien: There are tons of awesome alien/ufo ornaments available from a variety of sources and at a variety of price points, but I chose this guy from Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. He's made in Poland of high-quality glass, and costs $21.99.
|Zombies, from Amazon|
8. Mothman: This one actually comes from my personal collection! This was purchased many years ago at the annual Mothman Festival, and I haven't been able to find a similar one to share here. Sorry for the terrible picture...this was a very shiny ornament and I was taking this photo at 3am, so no natural light was available, lol.
*Gotta throw a shout-out to the awesome blog, Ghost Hunting Theories. When trying to find a particular photo for this blog, I realized that she'd already beat me to a paranormal ornament post, lol! Check out that list at the link above.*