Oh, the weather outside is frightful...but even it can't hold a candle to these spooky classic films!
Here in the tri-state, winter has finally hit! It's been cold, wet, and even a little snowy at times. Therefore, leaving the house unless absolutely necessary hasn't been a huge priority for me. So what have I been doing to fill my time? Watching scary old movies on Youtube, of course! Grab some popcorn and a cuddle buddy and enjoy these horrifying examples of classic horror, cherry-picked from among my personal favorites!
1. Carnival of Souls (1962)--Before there was The Others or The Sixth Sense, there was Carnival of Souls. After a tragic accident, a young woman journeys across the country to settle into her new life, but along the way she's plagued by strange happenings.
2. Suspiria (1977)--A new-comer to a prestigious ballet academy quickly finds out that there is something very sinister going on. Is a coven of witches responsible for the brutal murder of one of the students?
3. White Zombie (1932)--In order to steal a beautiful, young bride-to-be away from her fiance, a jealous suitor employs a witch doctor to turn her into a zombie. Unfortunately for him, the plan backfires.
4. The Ghoul (1933)--An Egyptologist returns from the grave to exact revenge on those who plundered his tomb.
5. The Vampire Bat (1933)--When the citizens of a small town start dying of a mysterious blood loss, it is believed that the culprit is a vampire...but is it really a vampire, or something much worse?
6. The Old Dark House (1932)--Five travelers seeking shelter during a terrible storm find themselves at a strange old house with even an even stranger family living inside. Will they make it through the night alive?
7. House on Haunted Hill (1959)--Guests are challenged to spend the night in a haunted house for a cash award. Who will take home the prize...and who will die trying?
8. Ghosts of Hanley House (1968)--Another movie where guests are staying the night in a haunted house, and start dying off.
9. Terror in the Haunted House (1958)--When a young bride is taken by her husband to their new home in Florida, she's shocked to see that the home is one that she has never seen in person...but has been having nightmares about.
10. Horror Hotel (1960)--A young student spends her school break researching witchcraft in a small town. However, she soon finds out that things are not quite what they seem and that witchcraft might still be alive and well here.
11. The Ghost Walks (1934)--Another movie involving stranded motorists trapped in a sinister house, where the widow of a murder victim is 'mourning' the anniversary of her husband's death.
12. Nosferatu (1922)--The classic silent film that sparked a cultural phenomena of vampire movies. Even after all these years, the Count is one of the creepiest depictions of a leading role vampire you'll EVER see on screen.
13. The Phantom Carriage (1921)--A silent film about a drunkard telling the legend of the Phantom Carriage. It's New Year's Eve and the legend states that whomever is last to die in a year will be cursed to drive the phantom carriage...who will the unlucky soul be?