Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Japanese Ubume

Today's blog serves two purposes:

1. I wanted to add a "U" word to my Paranormal Dictionary page.

2. I've been interested for awhile in creating some infographics.  Infographics are a handy way to quickly share information on Facebook, especially since Facebook isn't keen on outside links.  It's also a handy way to present little chunks of information that don't have enough substance to really warrant a whole blog post.

I'm not 100% thrilled with this specific design, but I'm still experimenting with EASY ways to create graphics using the tools I have and also make them unique in a sea of all the others out there already.  Obviously I'll need to tweak the text and perhaps switch up the background depending on the photo(s) I use, but I'm okay with this as a first try that took just a few minutes to put together.  Let me know what you think in the comments below!


1 comment:

  1. Exploring the haunting legend of the Ubume from Japanese folklore offers a chilling look into how ancient ghost stories reflect historical grief and maternal tragedy. In traditional yōkai lore, the Ubume is the sorrowful spirit of a woman who died during childbirth or pregnancy, often depicted in classic woodblock prints and oral tales wandering crossroads at dusk while cradling an infant or swaddled bundle. Tales often recount the phantom pleading with unsuspecting travelers to hold the child, which gradually turns into a crushing stone—a powerful metaphor for the unbearable weight of unresolved loss. When you want to treat yourself to a relaxing break after diving into mythological archives, classic ghost tales, and cultural folklore essays, visit https://spinbara-deu.com/.

    ReplyDelete