Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Happy Earth Day!
1. Cemetery Clean-Up: Do you have a favorite haunted and/or historic cemetery in your area that could use a little help? Contact whomever is in charge and see what needs to be done! You can pick up trash, mow/weed eat, plant flowers, and do some general sprucing up! Don't attempt to clean or repair any tombstones, though, unless you have permission and have been properly trained on how to do so safely.
2. What about your favorite haunted building? Is there a historic haunted church, asylum, hospital, school, etc. nearby? Again, ask the owner what needs to be done! Perhaps there needs to be trash picked up around the grounds or inside---don't forget to recycle when possible! Perhaps you can plant some flowers or even a few trees on the grounds as well! And, obviously, if you do an investigation, whether it be an indoor or outdoor event, leave the area better than you arrived. Make sure all trash comes out with you.
3. Switch to rechargeable batteries! Paranormal investigators go through a LOT of batteries. Help keep some of that waste out of landfills by resolving to start your transition to rechargeables. The Earth AND your budget will thank you.
4. When going on investigations, carpool whenever possible with other members of your team. Not only is this practical (some places have very limited parking and in most residential cases, you don't want to bombard your client with more vehicles than necessary) but its economical AND earth-friendly.
5. Stay hydrated---in style! Forgo the old plastic water bottles during your investigations and invest in a fun, re-useable water bottle. Check websites such as Cafe Press to create custom bottles with your team logo or your own ghostly design.
These are just a few of the things I thought of, but I'd love to hear YOUR ideas as well! Pop on over to Theresa's Haunted History Facebook page and let us know what you have done or plan on doing to celebrate Earth Day in a spooky way!