Monday, January 18, 2021

Gary's Phone Call--A Personal Spirit Communication


I believe that spirits can communicate with us in a variety of ways, including dreams.  In fact, I think that dreams are a rather safe way for them to reach out to us---dreaming about a loved one that has passed is far less scary to most people than actually seeing their apparition, and it allows for a more direct form of message communication than subtle hints and signs left during the waking hours that might be ignored or misinterpreted. 

Over the years, I've had plenty of dreams about those who have gone on before me, mostly my grandparents offering words of encouragement or advice. But one dream in particular stands out as potentially being an actual spirit communication. It was the time when I dreamed my uncle called from beyond the grave to ask a very special favor. 

My uncle Gary passed away when I was still in high school. It was my mom who actually found him, after going over to his house to help him with some paperwork stuff he had asked her to help with. Gary lived alone at the time with his big orange cat, Mozart. He loved that cat, and spoiled it like crazy. Whenever he'd have to go out of town, he'd pay me and my boyfriend to go over and feed Mozart and clean his litter box. So, I kinda assumed that after Gary had passed away, we'd be taking Mozart home to live with us.

There was a lot of stuff to do, however, to settle Gary's estate and clean out his house. Much of that responsibility was left to his daughter and her family. It was decided to leave Mozart at his home until everything was over.  When his daughter wasn't there, my boyfriend and I or my mom and I still would go over there to feed and take care of him. Then one day, deep into this process, I had the dream.

In my dream, the phone rang. It didn't sound any different---just a normal ring---and I answered it as I would normally do. It was Gary on the line. In my dream, I KNEW he had died, but for whatever reason it felt perfectly normal that he'd be calling. I wasn't at all concerned that I was receiving a phone call from someone who was no longer alive. He called me by his nickname for me, and asked if my mom was home. When I told him no, that's when his voice took on a sort of desperate tone.

He said that he had been trying to reach her but couldn't and that I needed to give her a message ASAP. He said that she needs to go get Mozart. Mozart needs her. PLEASE go get Mozart. 

I promised to give her the message, said goodbye and hung up. That's all I remembered of the dream, and at the time, it didn't really seem like a big deal. In fact, I wasn't going to say anything about it to anyone, but the next day, something told me that I should bring it up. Sort of in passing, I casually asked my mom when we were going to be able to bring Mozart home. She got a weird look on her face and said that we weren't going to be adopting the cat after all. Gary's daughter and grand kids had decided they wanted to keep him instead.

I was hesitant to tell her about the dream, but I went ahead and she got pretty shook up and told me some details that I had no idea about. Before Gary died, he showed a lot of signs that he knew his time was coming to an end---including asking mom to help him with the paperwork that she was at his home to complete when she found him. He had also asked her that if anything should ever happen to him, please take Mozart and take care of him. He had even set aside some money in his will for Mozart's care. My mom had promised him that she would take care of the cat, so when Gary's daughter told her that her family was taking him, my mom told her of the promise she'd made. She even told her that she didn't want the money in the will---just that she had made a promise to Gary that she had to fulfill. It didn't matter. Mozart did not come to live with us, and I never dreamed of Gary again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment