Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Yet Another Ghost App Ghost!


Hey, ya'll! Here we are, halfway through 2023 and fraudulent ghost app photos are still popping up on social media. Apps that have a database of ghostly images, which one can easily pop into any of their own photos, were popular ten years ago...and apparently are once again fooling paranormal enthusiasts. 

The image above was recently posted on the Facebook page, Disbelief Paranormal Official, noting that the source credit goes to the site, Ghosts of London. According to the caption: This photo was emailed to me by my son, who took this whilst standing in my living room. There is nothing in this corner other than the picture on the wall. I took some more pictures of that corner but I do not see anything in them at all. Now I’m a little freaked out! I truly do not understand this.

As soon as I saw this come across my scrolling, I recognized it immediately. This particular photo, including the living room background, goes back to at least 2017, but the 'ghost' is a bit older. It can be found prominently on display on the opening screen of one of the OG ghost hoax apps---Ghost Capture, by Ghosts Aren't Real. I've included a photo of the menu screen with the image in question circled in red. 

The closer we get to Halloween, the more and more these fraudulent ghost photos will appear on various social media platforms. Remember to stay vigilant, do your research, and when in doubt, seek it out! And, as a quick reminder, remember to be kind. Many people who post these types of photos are being fooled by friends/family, or see it posted, and share it without doing their due diligence. Be kind and TACTFULLY educate them. If they refuse to accept the truth, at least you tried. 

Happy Haunting, friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment