Monday, July 8, 2019

Monster Monday: Gator Edition


It's Monster Monday!

Okay, so I'm taking some liberties with the 'monster' part of this post, but I love this photo and wanted to share it here on my blog in honor of the July Ultimate Blog Challenge! You may have already seen me post it on Theresa's Haunted History Facebook, but I thought it was cool enough to deserve a more permanent tribute.

The couple in the photo is Harvey and Narcissus Trail who lived in the Raleigh/Summers County, West Virginia area. The photo shows the couple on vacation in Jacksonville, Florida around the turn of the last century, posing with some stuffed gators. Narcissus doesn't seem all too pleased with the choice of photo props, but I think its a wonderful souvenir! The photo can be found on the WV History on View website.

No comments:

Post a Comment