I got a Kindle for Christmas! I have to admit, I was much more impressed than I originally thought I would be with a Kindle. As a devout bibliophile, I enjoy the whole experience of book ownership--not just the reading itself. However, I quickly learned that there are a TON of free paranormal books available...and a few that only cost a small amount.
This first eBook review, however, will actually be a double concerning two books that I actually did purchase, from the same author. Unfortunately, as impressed as I was with the Kindle itself, these two books were FAR from impressive.
Both books were by Jeffrey Fisher, and the first one was Haunted Charleston: Famous Haunted Locations of Charleston, WV and I paid $2.99 for it. I ordered this book in a giddy state, since I know Charleston quite well, and was hoping for some unknown new locations to research and possibly contact about an investigation. Instead, what I found was an embarassment. The first entry in the VERY short book was for a location that isn't even IN Charleston! Well, to be fair, it was in Charleston, SOUTH CAROLINA! Slightly perturbed, I continued reading, only to find few paragraphs worth of a few additional haunted locations. At best, the information was incomplete; at worst, it was downright erroneous in many cases. It was if the author simply cut and pasted from Shadowlands, then added in a few additional "facts" off the top of his head.
Unfortunately, I bought the second book before I had read the first. This one, by the same author, I paid $4.99 for, and it was entitled Haunted West Virginia: Haunted Locations of WV. Again, a severe disappointment. For the price, there were only a handful of sites listed, and little to no historical background. This person does have a third book about WV out, and I'm tempted to purchase it just to see how it stacks up against these other two.
I really hate to start off my first ebook review with such a negative experience, and I promise that in the near future, my reviews will be of a happier nature. However, I cannot ethically recommend the above-mentioned books to ANYONE, lol. This author literally has hundreds of similar titles, and all the customer reviews I found basically say the same thing as I did. If you want to read about haunted locations in West Virginia, complete with ACCURATE historical information, look no further than Theresa's Haunted History of the Tri-State!

This sounds like a review of an ebook, likely related to haunted history or the paranormal. It's always great to see bloggers sharing their thoughts on books in their niche, helping readers discover new content. For those looking for a different kind of entertainment, https://desicasinos.org/ offers an alternative way to unwind. What ebook did you review, and what were your thoughts on it?
ReplyDelete